Best Bitcoin Casinos for Playing Roulette
In this article we not only give you the names of some of the best crypto casinos for playing roulette but explain why it’s important to seek out certain types of roulette games in order to get the most bang for your coin.
Best Bitcoin Casinos for Playing Roulette
and How to Know Which Version to Play
Roulette is one of the most fun table games to play at any casino, whether it is in real life or online. The thrill of hitting a single number to get a 35:1 payout can be quite invigorating, as it is the biggest single payout achievable from any regular table game. What you may not know is that there is a huge difference in odds between different types of roulette tables, based on the version of the game being played, and not every casino offers variations of the game with the lowest house edge.
Of course, everyone knows about betting on a single number, a combination of numbers, red, black, odd, even, etc. But what also needs to be considered is the number of green spaces on the wheel, as they are filled by a 0, 00, and in rare instances, also a 000. These numbers are neither red nor black, even nor odd. This means that it is essential to find a roulette table with the least number of green spaces as possible before starting your wagering.
Interestingly, the first versions of roulette indeed contained both 0 and 00, and it wasn’t later until the more competitive version was released that dropped the 00. Today, roulette games with only a 0 are known as French or European Roulette, whereas games with both 0 and 00 on the wheel are known as American Roulette.
What is the house edge of European Roulette vs. American Roulette?
The house edge for European Roulette is 2.7%, and 5.26% for American Roulette. Since American Roulette has an extra space in its wheel, the house edge is almost 2x that of what it is for European Roulette. Therefore, it is recommended to find a European (or French) Roulette game rather than the American one any time you are playing.
Here are a few popular, trustworthy bitcoin casinos that have at least one version of European / French Roulette which we can vouch for, as they are highly competent operations and know how to treat their customers right:
FortuneJack – offers European Roulette, French Roulette, and a live casino version of French Roulette.
mBit Casino – offers multiple variations of European and French Roulette, including high roller-oriented versions, as well as several live casino versions of both games.
Cloudbet – offers two versions of European Roulette, one of which is oriented toward high rollers.
Bitcasino.io – offers one version of European Roulette.
Is it possible to beat the house in crypto roulette?
Unfortunately, no. In the olden days, there were professional gamblers who exploited weaknesses in the physical design of the roulette wheel, noting that certain numbers would come up more often than others. The software-based nature of crypto casino roulette wheels, however, totally counteracts any sort of advantage to be gained, as the outcome is always ruled by mathematics, and never physics.
What are some popular roulette strategies?
These two strategies listed below are based on the Martingale betting strategy whereby a bet is doubled after each loss on the prospects that eventually a win will take place (the bet always being on black, red, odd or even — never on an outcome with less of a chance). Though neither of these strategies will give you a mathematical edge, they do offer a higher degree of risk management than Martingale to help your game play experience last longer.
- Labouchère system – this strategy involves the use of a series of numbers on a line to determine each bet amount that follows a win or loss. The player adds the numbers from the front and end of the line to establish the size of the next bet. If they win, the numbers are crossed out and they continue working down the line. If the player loses, they then add their previous bet to the end of the line and continue to work down the line.
- D’Alembert system – this pyramid-like strategy is actually quite simple and involves subtracting one unit after a win and adding one unit after a loss. For example, let’s say you bet 0.002 BTC on black and it comes up a loss. The next bet you would make (on black) would be for 0.0021 BTC. If that bet comes up a win, then your next bet would be reduced by 0.1 mBTC, back down to 0.002 BTC.
What are some other variations of roulette?
Though we can’t guarantee that all these alternate types of roulette will have the same low house edge as European Roulette, some of them are quite compelling and offering different types of game play, if you are looking to shake things up from the standard:
- Common Draw Roulette (available at FortuneJack, Cloudbet, and mBit Casino)
- Double Ball Roulette (available at Cloudbet)
- Gold Roulette (available at Bitcasino.io)
- Multi-Wheel Roulette (available at FortuneJack)
- Ruletka (available at mBit Casino)
- Turkish Roulette (available at mBit Casino)
- Zoom Roulette (available at FortuneJack)