Best Bitcoin Poker Sites & BTC Bonuses
Below is a complete guide on everything people need for finding the best Bitcoin poker sites in 2023!
Best Bitcoin Poker Bonuses and Promotions
Bitcoin poker sites offer attractive promotions to capture the attention of new players. In addition to a variety of new-player welcome and deposit bonuses, the best Bitcoin poker sites offer a selection of unique jackpots, freeroll tournaments, and various VIP rewards.
Some of the best Bitcoin poker promos include:
- BTC New-Player Welcome bonuses generally offer a 100% bonus for deposits up to a specific amount. For example, a $1000 / 100% deposit bonus means a player can deposit up to $1000 in BTC and receive an amount equal to the initial deposit to play with (up to $1000 in BTC value). So, if you deposit $500 in Bitcoin, you can receive up to $500 in bonus money. If you deposit $750, you can get up to $750 in bonus, and so on, up to $1000. In general terms, new-player welcome bonuses are the best BTC poker bonuses a player will receive. So, while we never want to encourage people to play with more money than they can afford to lose, if you can afford it, we suggest making the max deposit so you can take full advantage of this bonus.
- Freerolls for point accumulation (for playing poker) or making deposits.
- Bitcoin poker reload bonuses are given to players on deposits after the initial deposit has been made. For example, if you made your first deposit last month, have run out of money and want to reload your account, you can get a reload bonus. Reload bonuses are generally not as attractive as new-player welcome bonuses, but they’re still worth taking advantage of.
It’s worth checking whether the poker site you choose offers any special Bitcoin deposit bonus promos.
Some Bitcoin poker VIP programs are better than others. VIP programs typically allow players to accumulate points while playing, with points measured through a ranking system that delivers cash bonuses, freerolls, and other promos.
How to Play Poker With Bitcoin
Bitcoin poker sites offer the same selection of tournaments and cash games as traditional sites, with the added advantage of nearly instantaneous deposits and withdrawals.
Players can expect to find the following games on the best Bitcoin poker sites:
- Texas Hold’em
- Omaha / PLO
- Seven-card stud
- Five-card draw
- HORSE and other mixed games
Bitcoin poker tournaments are extremely popular, just like traditional online poker rooms. Single and multi-table SNG’s, huge guaranteed tournaments, you name it, you can find it at all of our recommended Bitcoin poker sites.
It’s worth noting that many BTC poker sites count stakes in mBTC or 0.001 BTC. This is because tournament buy-ins are commonly measured in mBTC — if you’re not sure how to calculate mBTC buy-ins, multiply the mBTC buy-in by 1000, then convert it to USD or your local currency.
For players in the United States, we recommend playing at Bovada Poker. They accept Bitcoin deposits, along with several other crypto coins. One of the pioneers in online gambling, it’s one of the few places we genuinely trust.
How to Make Bitcoin Poker Deposits
Bitcoin poker deposits are extremely straightforward. Unlike traditional fiat currencies such as USD or EUR, there’s no need to provide account names, account numbers, or other complicated details. Instead, all you’ll need to deposit to a Bitcoin poker site is a BTC wallet address.
When you buy Bitcoin from a crypto exchange, the exchange will make your BTC available in a wallet. Similarly, the poker site you sign up with will provide you with a Bitcoin wallet address to send your funds. This address can be found in the “wallet” or “banking” section on the poker platform.
Next, copy the wallet address provided by your poker site and paste it into the destination field. Finally, enter the amount of Bitcoin you’d like to send and execute the transaction — it should be available in your wallet on the poker site within 30-40 minutes.
It’s important to note that while Bitcoin transactions are typically very cheap, periods of high traffic on the Bitcoin network can cause transaction fees to become relatively expensive. Therefore, it’s worth checking the average Bitcoin transaction cost before sending BTC — most crypto exchanges will detail the transaction cost before a transaction is executed.
Currently, players have several different deposit methods to choose from including:
- Mastercard Debit or Credit Card
- Visa Debit or Credit Card
- 100’s of other crypto and/or fiat deposit options, depending on a variety of factors, including your country of residence
How to Withdraw BTC at Online Poker Sites
Just like deposits, Bitcoin poker withdrawals are simple. To withdraw your poker winnings in BTC, you’ll only need a destination address. Most players choose to withdraw their winnings to a crypto exchange wallet, where it can be exchanged for other cryptocurrencies or sold for fiat currency.
If you’re interested in spending your Bitcoin poker winnings immediately, you may want to consider exchanges which offer Visa debit cards, from where you can spend it directly. At Coinbase for example, a digital Visa debit card can be aquired in a matter of minutes (once your account is set up with KYC).
Alternatively, you may want to consider storing your Bitcoin in a long-term storage wallet. See Coin Clarity’s 2023 guide to crypto wallets for the latest list of the safest and easiest to use BTC wallets.
Using Bitcoin to Play Online Poker: What You Need to Know
Bitcoin poker isn’t complicated — it works the same way as traditional poker, but with a few additional advantages. There are, however, a few key factors to remain aware of while using Bitcoin to play poker online:
- Anonymity: Bitcoin isn’t anonymous. If you buy Bitcoin with a Visa or Mastercard, the BTC you buy will be linked to your ID
- KYC and AML requirements: Many crypto poker sites will require KYC and AML identity documentation before paying out large withdrawals
- Transaction fees: Always check Bitcoin transaction fees before sending a BTC deposit or making a BTC withdrawal
- Trust and safety: It’s important to only play on reputable, trustworthy Bitcoin poker sites
Choosing the Best Bitcoin Poker Site
Being the most popular and widely adopted cryptocurrency translates to advantages when using Bitcoin for online poker. For example, transaction speeds are much faster than traditional banking options – fiat withdrawals can typically take up to several days to clear outgoing transactions. Compare that to BTC, where withdrawals from poker sites are usually completed in less than 40 minutes. Bitcoin deposit & withdrawal limits are also notably higher than traditional fiat banking options.
Before you sign up with a BTC poker site and make a deposit, however, players need to consider a few important factors. Most importantly, it’s essential to check the reputation of a poker site to make sure it delivers on payouts and offers the action you’re looking for (meaning, they have enough players and game options).
Carefully assess the following factors before depositing on a Bitcoin poker site:
- Tournaments and Cash Games: Make sure that the poker site you’re considering offers the games and variations you’re looking for.
- Trust and reliability: What is their reputation? How long have they been in business?
- Customer support: What customer support options are available? Check for 24/7 live chat, phone support, and email support.
- Bitcoin poker bonuses and promotions: What kind of bonuses and promotions, such as welcome bonuses or reload bonuses, does the site offer?
- Smartphone app: If you’re interested in the best Bitcoin poker apps, check to make sure the site offers a mobile app or mobile website. With that said, in 2023, almost every poker site is available for smartphones.
How to Buy Bitcoin to Play With
Bitcoin is the easiest and most accessible cryptocurrency to purchase. Almost every exchange, broker, or crypto app makes it possible to trade fiat currency for Bitcoin. In addition, many platforms allow users to buy Bitcoin directly with a Visa or Mastercard.
The easiest way to buy Bitcoin is through a Visa or Mastercard purchase. Although buying Bitcoin this way may incur slightly higher fees, it allows buyers to access their BTC instantly without waiting. Most crypto exchanges now allow users to buy with a Visa or Mastercard, but the best platform for you will depend on your location.
Binance is one of the safest and most reliable crypto exchanges globally, but does not accept US customers. For US customers, we recommend the ByBit crypto exchange. Understanding how to buy Bitcoin to play poker online is relatively straightforward and involves the following steps:
- Create an account with Binance or Bybit (depending on your location, as mentioned above)
- Complete the ID verification process by providing identity documentation
- Link your Visa or Mastercard to your account
- Buy Bitcoin directly in your local currency
The signup and verification process is fast at both, Binance and Bybit, typically allowing users to create an account and buy Bitcoin within minutes. Once you’ve got your Bitcoin, you’re ready to deposit to the Bitcoin poker site you’ve chosen and start playing.
If you’d prefer to use an alternative method to buy Bitcoin, it’s also possible to purchase BTC to bet online through services such as:
- Bitcoin ATMs
- Decentralized exchanges (DEXs)
- Peer to peer trading platforms
- Coin swap platforms such as CoinSwitch
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are Bitcoin poker sites safe?
A: The safest and most reliable Bitcoin poker sites are typically the longest-running platforms with the largest player base and verifiable reputations. For players inside the US, we recommend Bovada Poker.
Q: What is the minimum deposit for Bitcoin poker sites?
A: Currently, most Bitcoin poker sites have extremely low minimum deposits or no minimum deposit at all. The average minimum deposit required to take advantage of welcome bonuses ranges between $20 and $50.
Q: What are the maximum deposits allowed at Bitcoin poker sites?
A: Again, it depends on the site. With that said, most sites accept max deposit amounts of $10,000 – $25,000 in BTC.
Playing poker with BTC is simple, easy, and safe. In addition to making deposits and withdrawals fast and reliable, Bitcoin poker also offers high withdrawal, wager, and deposit limits alongside a wide selection of different ways to spend or store winnings.