Top Bitcoin and Crypto Slots (Updated for 2020)
About Bitcoin and Crypto Slots
Bitcoin slot machine games have certainly evolved quite a bit since the idea first became a possibility. The bitcoin version of this game provides players with the same thrill and fun as regular casinos but have the added benefit of being accessible right from one’s home, or even on mobile devices while on the go. As the idea of the bitcoin casino has matured over the years, so have the number and types of slot machine games available. There are now dozens of casino game software design companies that have produced thousands of different slot games between them.
The increasing amount of competition in the crypto casino market has also led to inclusion of slots with particularly high odds and paybacks. Some games offer return to player (RTP) odds that rival those of Las Vegas’ most generous slot machines, paying back as much as 98% or more. Eight years into the idea of bitcoin casinos, the software manufacturers that have managed to establish themselves provide lines of games that are consistently entertaining, thrilling, and fair as well. This means that today’s crypto casino player can an almost identical experience from playing online as they could playing in an actual brick and mortal casino.
There are a few basic types of bitcoin casino slots, most of which you probably already know about. In case you didn’t, we will outline them for you here, as well as some of their newest, most popular representatives, and where to find them. Out of the 100+ crypto casinos that are currently available to choose from, our top 5 favorite casinos for slots are:
- FortuneJack – probably the most comprehensive selection of slot games, divided into 4 categories (Jackpots, Video Slots, 3D Slots, and Classic Slots)
- mBitcasino – huge selection 400+ slots offered by 15 different game software developers, including Endorphina, Animatic, Evolution and GameArt
- Cloudbet – modest selection of slots, some of which are not found elsewhere, and the casino features guaranteed fast withdrawal times
- Bitcasino.io – features over 800 different slots from 18 different software developers, divided into 2 categories (Slots and Jackpot Slots)
- Bovada – one of the oldest online casinos in the business, features a wide array of high stakes slots, catering more towards the high roller crowd
The 5 basic categories of bitcoin casino slot machine games:
While some of these types of games are software-driven recreations of classic Las Vegas slots that everyone is familiar with, some of them have expanded upon the original slot machine idea, offering 4, 5 or 6 reels and are based around novel themes. Classic slots are basically bitcoin casino 1.0 versions of slot machine games and tend to be pretty simple and straight forward. Largely based around traditional gambling symbols like bars, cherries, diamonds and gold bars, they are still very popular among players looking to recreate the Las Vegas experience without the introduction of special effects that take slots away from their true nature and beginnings.
Some of the most popular classic slots include:
- King Panda – available at FortuneJack, mBitcasino and Bitcasino.io
- Sweet 27 – available at Cloudbet
- 3 Hit Pay – available at mBitcasino and FortuneJack
- Delicious Candies – available at Bovada
- Triple Crown – available at Bitcasino.io and FortuneJack
A modern take on slot machine games, these represent a departure from classic slots in that they feature various animations throughout the course of gameplay. Of course, the visualization of the lever being pulled, and the slot reel spinning are also animations, but video slots include additional animations that give the game a surreal or video game-like effect. This may include animation in the background, animation after a winning line combination, or animations occurring on the side of the gameplay area. These types of slots bring a new dimension of fun into online gambling that couldn’t have been experienced in previous generations of bitcoin casinos.
Some of the most popular video slots games include:
- Big Win Cat – available at Cloudbet, FortuneJack and mBitcasino
- Fruit Zen – available at mBitcasino and Bitcasino.io
- Book of Fortune – available at FortuneJack and mBitcasino
- Mermaid’s Diamonds – available at Cloudbet and mBitcasino
- Safari – available at mBitcasino, FortuneJack and Bitcasino.io
Bonus Round Slots
Many bitcoin casino slots have special bonus rounds where players have the chance to win a lot more BTC than in normal gameplay. Bonus games sometimes have interactive elements where players pick a random box or solve a puzzle in order to obtain their reward, which comes either in the form of more coins or free spins. Most newer crypto casino slots have some kind of bonus rewards built into them or another, but it is a good idea to read the slot game’s instructions or description before getting started to determine if the game includes bonus rounds.
Some of the most popular bonus round slot games include:
- Satoshi’s Secret – available at FortuneJack and mBitcasino
- A Night With Cleo – available at Bovada
- Lucky Express – available at Bitcasino.io
- Frankenslot’s Monster – available at Bitcasino.io, mBitcasino and FortuneJack
- Speed Cash – available at Cloudbet, mBitcasino and FortuneJack
Jackpot and Progressive Jackpot Slots
Some bitcoin casino slots also offer massive jackpots that are known as jackpot or progressive jackpot slots. In general, the payout percentage is not as good in jackpot slots when compared to non-jackpot slots due to the fact that some of the revenue goes to increasing its jackpot. Jackpot sizes can range tremendously in their reward, based on the amount you are betting per spin and with progressive jackpots, how long it’s been since the last jackpot was won. Indeed there are progressive jackpots currently up to several hundred BTC in size at a few casinos.
Some of the most popular jackpot slots include:
- Good Girl, Bad Girl – available at Bitcasino.io, Cloudbet, mBitcasino and FortuneJack
- Kobushi – available at mBitcasino and FortuneJack
- Mr. Vegas – available at Bitcasino.io, Cloudbet, mBitcasino and FortuneJack
- A Night in Paris – available at FortuneJack, Cloudbet and mBitcasino
- Codename: Jackpot – available at Bovada
Really making the most out of innovations in software development and HD computer graphics are 3D slots, which are basically an enhanced take on video slots. Every part of gameplay is extremely colorful, bright and fluid, which can make it seem like a new dimension is being added to the bitcoin casino experience (hence the term “3D”). Bitcoin casino software developers like Betsoft, NetEnt and Microgaming are all at the forefront of 3D slot development, consistently surpassing previously set standards while crafting some of the most graphically pleasing bitcoin slots ever to be developed.
Some of the most popular 3D slots include:
- Greedy Goblins – available at FortuneJack, mBitcasino, Cloudbet and Bitcasino.io
- Tycoons Plus – available at Bitcasino.io, mBitcasino and FortuneJack
- Bumper Crop – available at FortuneJack
- Alkemor’s Tower – available at mBitcasino, FortuneJack and Bitcasino.io
- Barbary Coast – available at Cloudbet, FortuneJack, mBitcasino, and Bitcasino.io