Cloudbet Launches Ethereum Support
In this article we talk about how one of the world’s oldest and most trusted Bitcoin casinos finally came to adopt a cryptocurrency other than BTC (or BCH), and review some of the ongoing bonuses they currently have available.
Cloudbet Launches Ethereum Support
Since its inception way back in 2013, Cloudbet has been a Bitcoin-only (BTC, BCH) crypto casino, but in late February, all that changed when they finally announced support for Ethereum (ETH). Along with it they announced a great welcome bonus for new players which consists of receiving 100% on their first deposit up to 5 ETH. With a long-standing reputation of being one of the best crypto casinos in the industry, Cloudbet offers hundreds of different games, from slots to table to live dealer games, as well as a complete sportsbook with some of the highest paying odds.
Cloudbet has a history of paying out some of the biggest bets and jackpots ever known among crypto casinos. For example, one lucky roulette player managed to win an astounding 49.22 BTC in a single spin in November 2018. Slightly more than a year player, another lucky player won 161 BTC from a single spin on their Multifruit 81 slots game. This has kept users coming back time and again, knowing Cloudbet has the bankroll to pay out its jackpot winners. Their highest paying jackpot slot currently sits at slightly over 1,000 BTC, or $9 million at today’s prices.
For the high roller players, Cloudbet not only has a terrific VIP program, but is known for having some of the highest limits of any bitcoin casino. These perks can only be offered by a business that has been in operation for as long as they have, and is a testament to their success in the industry.
These days, Cloudbet’s primary focus is acting as a sportsbook, but in addition to that they have a tremendous selection of regular casino games which are divided into the following categories:
- Jackpot Slots
- Table Games
They also have a tremendous selection of Live Casino games, which include Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, Sic Bo, Monopoly, Deal or No Deal, and Live Football Studio. Whether you are a high roller or casual player, they have live dealer tables that will cater to the size of bet which you are seeking.
In terms of what is offered at their sportsbook, Cloudbet is pretty much second-to-none when it comes to total selection of events and the trustworthiness of the bookie. They feature a large range of regular and prop bets at some of the most competitive odds, meaning the house takes a very small edge in each competition (low vig). Their live betting options are updated quickly and consistently available during the course of the match. Some of the main sporting events offered by Cloudbet include:
- Football (NFL and AFL)
- Basketball (NBA + various international leagues)
- Ice Hockey (NHL + international leagues)
- Rugby (English, NRL and other international leagues)
- Soccer (England, International, Germany, Spain, Italy, and many more)
- Tennis (WTA, Challenger, ITF, and international)
They also carry a selection of non-sports bets in the category of Entertainment (including bets on space-related competitions, i.e. first country to put a person on Mars).
Advantages of Gambling with Ethereum
Although Cloudbet only got around to introducing it as a betting option last month, Ethereum (ETH) has been around since 2015, earning a spot as the 2nd largest cryptocurrency by market cap, and likely 2nd in terms of overall popularity, as well. ETH’s 10-second (on average) confirmation times and low transaction fees make it a great option when it comes to crypto casino gambling, sportsbook-related or otherwise. It is perfect for those who don’t want to sit around waiting for their deposits to arrive, as well as for those who would rather not pay a large transaction fee (roughly $0.06 per transaction by today’s prices).
Now in almost its 5th year of existence, Ethereum has managed to garner a lot of support from the larger crypto community, meaning that not only is it now more commonly accepted by crypto businesses like Cloudbet, but it also has a lot of different wallet and exchange options as well. This makes it extremely easy to get a hold of and to cash out as well. Though it does several other things than simply act as a currency (such as launching tokens and building platforms via smart contracts), it certainly acts as a currency just fine — despite the fact that its price can be quite volatile.
Probably Ethereum’s main advantage for gambling comes to sports bettors who may want to fund their account in a hurry in order to get in on particularly favorable odds. With Bitcoin (BTC), a single confirmation may take 10 minutes to half an hour (or longer), with only those transactions with the highest fees guaranteed to be processed in the next, upcoming block. This can be quite stifling in the event that one needs to fund their account in a hurry to make a live bet — a problem which is easily solved by using ETH (and for a fraction of the cost, as well).
Current Bonuses and Promotions at Cloudbet
Below is a list of a few other bonuses and promotions currently taking place at Cloudbet, most of which must be activated through player dashboard in order to take advantage of them.
- Playson’s Sunny Spring 5.2 BTC Giveaway. Gaming software provider Playson is giving away a total of 5.2 BTC across 200 prizes for playing some of their newest slots releases, including Burning Wins: 5 Classic Lines, Sunny Fruits: Hold and Win, Fruit Xtreme, Solar Queen, Book of Gold (Classic, Double Chance and Symbol Choice), and Rome: Caesar’s Glory. To qualify, place a total of at least 20 bets of 0.06 mBTC (or the BCH or ETH equivalent) each on any of these slots. The bigger the multiplier you hit, the higher your position goes on the leaderboard. The promotion lasts until March 11th so register today if you want to participate.
- Slots Superstar Tournament. Play select slots games (listed here) and earn points to win a share of 1,000 free spins being given away each weekend. Every 1 mBTC spent at participating games will earn you 1 point and a place on the leaderboard. Spins are awarded for the Chronos Joker slots game. 1st place gets 300 free spins, 2nd place 200, 3rd place 150, 4th place 100, all the way down to 15 free spins for the 10th placing contestant. Free spins are awarded at the end of each week.
- Super 6 Bonus. Get a free 1 mBTC bonus every Sunday for simply placing a 2 mBTC on a sporting event any day from Monday through Saturday. The bonus can then be activated on Sundays, to be used on either the sports book or casino games as well. In order to be withdrawn, there is a rollover requirement of 30x, which must be achieved within a 24 hour period after it has been activated.
- Turbo Thursday Reload Bonus. Each Thursday, get a 50% reload bonus by making a deposit at any time during the day, up to 50 mBTC or its equivalent in BCH or ETH. You must have made at least 3 previous deposits at Cloudbet in order to be eligible, with the most recent one happening some time during the current week and being a minimum of 1 mBTC (or its BCH/ETH equivalent).
- Mega Match Mondays. Deposit any day of the week to receive a 50% bonus of up to 25 mBTC (or its BCH/ETH equivalent) on the following Monday. Players must have deposited at least once before in the last 3 days in order to qualify for this bonus.
Is there anything we missed? If you have questions about Cloudbet or betting with Ethereum that we didn’t get around to answering, feel free to let us know in the comment box below, and we’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as we can.