How & Where to Buy Ark (ARK)
Step 1: Buy BTC or ETH at Coinbase
Sign up and purchase bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase.
If Coinbase is not available in your jurisdiction, view our list of exchanges that sell BTC or ETH for Government issued money.
Use Ark: Ways to send & spend ARK
Ark Price & Information
Current ARK price and historical price chart
What is ARK?
ARK (sym. ARK) is a cryptocurrency and a decentralised network, built atop blockchains, which aims to increase consumer adoption of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies and provide practical services for the mass.
History of ARK
Ark is promoted by François-Xavier Thoorens and Lars Rensing. The Initial Token Exchange ran from November 7, 2016 to December 11, 2016. A total of 93,750,000 ARK, which is 75% of the 125 million tokens, went to the initial buyers.
Bitcoin (BTC), Lisk (LSK), and Altcoins supported by Shapeshift crypto-exchange in exchange for ARK tokens. ARK Network officially launched in early 2017.
How ARK Works
ARK is a framework which is diverse in nature because they want to create an ecosystem in itself. These features all work differently.
Bridged Blockchains: Ark Smartchain is a project which makes interoperability of different blockchains possible including Bitcoin, Link and Ethereum.
Hypermedia Protocol Platform: Using a decentralised InterPlanetary File System(IPFS), Ark makes it possible for peer to peer media sharing and hosting. This allows Ark to carry only the header file in blockchain so that the chain remains lean.
Physical Card System works like a debit/credit card for the cryptocurrency wallet of the user.
- An Ecosystem: Ark is not a currency or a DApps, this is an ecosystem of itself. Instead of Gmail or Facebook apps on your smartphone, Ark is comparable with the OS, Android or iOS. This means millions of Apps can utilise Ark.
- Bridging of Blockchains: The mutually exclusive blockchains of different networks leads to unavailability of data to users of different networks. With the Smartchain project, developers and companies can now make use data from any blockchain for their apps and use.
- Sustainable: The developers maintain a fund called ArkShield which provides for the future developments, improvements and sustainability. This leads to brighter future for the network.
- Private Transactions: Ark allows private transactions for users which increases the anonymity and safety of users in case of large transactions.
- Native Coin: The network offers own coin which is trade-able at different exchanges and also can be used to pay for services and products online.