How & Where to Buy Lykke (LKK)
Use Lykke: Ways to send & spend LKK
Lykke Price & Information
Current LKK price and historical price chart
What is Lykke
Lykke is an open source, decentralised, peer to peer digital asset exchange and trading platform which offers 0% exchange charges and immediate settlement with native coin named Lykke (sym. LKK).
Lykke coins are not a currency, but a coloured coin which denotes the ownership of Lykke Corp., the company behind Lykke.
History of Lykke
Lykke is founded and owned by Richard Olsen. Technically, Lykke LLC, registered in Switzerland, is the governing body with Richard Olsen being the biggest shareholder. Lykke has a total of 12,856,900 shares of stock. Lykke went public via an ICO which ran from September 13 to October 11, 2016, and total 30 million shares were offered to the public at a rate of 0.05 Swiss francs per coin. As one Lykke share is equivalent of 100 LKK coins, total 300,000 shares were sold to the public. Lykke coins can now be purchased on the network by placing a buy order.
How Lykke Works
Lykke is a digital asset conversion gateway as well as the trading platform. The user needs to install the Android or iOS app and open an account. Once that is done, along with the KYC, users are free to add fund to the account using any cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin/Ethereum), bank account transfer or wallet transfer.
As soon as this money is reflected in the Lykke account, the user can use it to trade or store in fiat currencies, cryptocurrencies and even convert fiat to cryptocurrency or fiat to another fiat currency and cryptocurrency to another cryptocurrency.
Lykke coins can be purchased using this fund as well which gives ownership shares to the holder of the coin. 100 Lykke coins give 1 share to the user.
Lykke is a decentralised network which gives some very enticing advantages to the users.
- 0% commission: Lykke doesn’t charge any brokerage for any transaction. This is unlike any existing broker. Thus, the users can sell and buy assets for actual price, not inflated or deflated rates.
- Low spreads: In-built spread matching engine finds the lowest spreads for the user in the whole Lykke network. The difference between ask price and bid price is minimum, giving extra profit to the trader.
- Guaranteed execution: Unlike other decentralised exchanges, transactions on Lykke is guaranteed to be executed and as fast as possible. The user can trade at really real-time speed.
- Immediate settlement: The trade done reflected on the user’s account almost immediately. Within minutes, the trader can find updated account statements in his account.
- Direct ownership: The ownership of any digital asset is directly transferred to the user, without any third-party or even Lykke exchange intervention. The transaction is immediately noted into the network blockchain which is an immutable record.
- 100% security: The transactions are approved and unlocked by the user’s fingerprint, making it virtually impossible for anyone to hack into the system.
- Easy Withdrawal: Lykke account balance can be easily withdrawn to the bank account and Lykke doesn’t take any charges for this either.