How & Where to Buy Terra Classic (LUNA)
Terra Classic Price & Information
Current LUNA price and historical price chart
- Historical Data
Terra Classic Calculator
Current LUNA price calculator
Why Should I Buy Terra Classic (LUNA)?
How and Where to Buy Terra (LUNA)
In January 2018, Do Kwon and Daniel Shin founded Terraform Labs with a mission to drive the adoption of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. The founders concentrated on providing price stability and usability as Kwon became the CEO of Terraform Labs.
In April 2019, the founders launched the Terra mainnet, and from September 2020, Terra pegged the following coins to the United States dollar: –
- The Mongolian Tugrik
- The South Korean Won
- The International Monetary Fund’s Special Drawing Rights basket of currencies.
The Terra network has a thriving community of followers and has rapidly grown the ecosystem and interest in the project. The Terra Academy teaches crypto enthusiasts subjects such as “how to write smart contracts” or “how to integrate with your web app“, and there’s an intro to Terra app development. You can also apply to the Terra network for a grant towards funding your next project.
What Is Terra (LUNA)?
Terra (LUNA) is an algorithmic stablecoin protocol providing affordable and fast transactions. It powers stable-price global payment systems using fiat pegged stablecoins. Terra is the network, and the native token is $LUNA, a volatile cryptocurrency used for stabilizing prices for the protocol’s stablecoins.
Decentralized stablecoins avoid the traditional financial governance issues by using automated algorithms to maintain the pegs instead of cash reserves or debt. The Terra network’s most popular decentralized stablecoin is TerraUSD (UST).
To maintain the stablecoins price stability, the Terra network mints and burns tokens and incentivizes users to buy and sell $LUNA as a form of arbitrage.
For instance, you require $LUNA to buy $UST. The network then burns $LUNA, thus restricting token supply. Subsequently, the price of $LUNA rises a little. It’s the same in reverse. To mint $LUNA, you convert $UST, which is then burned and the $UST price increases. Terra’s whitepaper suggests that this arbitrage process of managing the $LUNA supply will continue stabilizing the price of its stablecoins.
What Makes Terra (LUNA) Unique?
The Terra blockchain is unique because it can host a multitude of algorithmic stablecoins on the network. It uses fiat-backed stablecoins to blend the many benefits of cryptocurrencies with the daily price stability we expect from fiat currencies like the U.S dollar. The Terra algorithm keeps a one-to-one peg that automatically adjusts with supply and demand.
The Terra website promotes its offering as the following: –
- $UST – Industry-leading decentralized stablecoin
- Smart contracts platform
- Thriving cross-chain DeFi environment
- Built on the Cosmos SDK & Tendermint consensus
The Terra Network
The Terra Network incentivizes $LUNA holders. By staking your $LUNA tokens, you can earn rewards and have governance on the Terra network, meaning you can vote on important proposals.
A block explorer is an online tool enabling searches for historical and real-time blockchain information, such as data relating to addresses, transactions and blocks.
- Extraterrestrial Finder – community maintained
- Terra Finder – maintained by Terraform Labs maintained
InterChain is a blockchain that interconnects all SubChains
- Terra Bridge – Enabling transfers between Terra and other blockchains
- Wormhole – Enabling transfers between Terra, Binance Smart Chain (BSC), Solana and Ethereum
The Terra-Luna Ecosystem
Terra has a vast and evolving ecosystem. The following list is a small cross-section taken from the multiple projects listed on the Terra website: –
- Anchor Protocol [savings] – a fixed yield lending protocol with $11.5 billion in TVL (total value locked). There are no sign-up requirements, minimum deposits or account freezes and up to 20% return on savings
- Astrosport – a “world-class” automated market maker [AMM]
- Terra Station – Terra’s main wallet
- Mars Protocol – a borrowing & lending protocol
- Prism – DeFi yield
- Mirror Protocol – to create fungible assets, synthetics that “track the price of real-world assets.”
- Terraswap – AMM
- Chai – Payments for South Korean users
- Memepay – a Mongolian payments app
- Spectrum Protocol – a yield optimizer to automatically compound and auto-stake users rewards on Mirror & Anchor protocol
- Pylon Protocol – a launchpad for yield redirection and “lossless investments”
- White Whale – an arbitrage platform
- Nexus Protocol – LTV management across the ecosystem
- Apollo DAO – yield and auto
- Edge Protocol – UST adoption via vaults and AMM
- Kujira – a tool for bidding on Anchor liquidations
- Angel protocol – ongoing donations for charitable causes
- OpenOceon – a DEX, the world’s first DeFi & CeFi aggregator
- Terra Name Service – claim your .ust domain
- Astral Money – simple digital finance for your personal finances on Terra
How and Where to Buy Terra (LUNA)?
Binance is a reputable, secure and trusted cryptocurrency exchange. The fiat currency funding options make purchasing $LUNA tokens a relatively fast, seamless and stress-free experience.
- Register for an account with Binance – Verify your account for security purposes
- Go to “Deposit Fiat” – Binance provides several fiat currency options
- Choose deposit options – Visa and Mastercard fees are 1.8% or choose Advcash, which supports SEPA transfers for
- Open the exchange tab – $LUNA is paired to several alternatives on Binance such as LUNA/USDT, LUNA/EUR, LUNA/BTC, LUNA/BNB, LUNA/ETH and LUNA UST.
- Choose a currency pair and make your purchase
- Store your $LUNA tokens – Binance has an exchange wallet, or you can choose an off-ramp cold storage wallet to secure your $LUNA holdings
How do I Sell Terra (LUNA)?
It’s super easy to sell your $LUNA tokens on the Binance exchange: –
- Sell your $LUNA holdings for a stablecoin like $USDT
- Transfer the $USDT to a reputable off-ramp platform like Coinbase or Gemini
- When the transfer is complete, convert the $USDT in your Coinbase or Gemini account to fiat currency and withdraw to your bank account. You can then enjoy the profits you’ve (hopefully) made on your $LUNA investment
Should I Buy Terra (LUNA)?
Although we cannot provide investment advice, if you wish to invest in Terra (LUNA), Binance is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange. The platform offers compatibility with Trust Wallet, a reputable open-source mobile wallet app available for iOS and Android.
KuCoin and Gate.io also list $LUNA tokens and are both trustworthy cryptocurrency exchanges. Gate.io has an exchange wallet and the “S1” hardware wallet. KuCoin provides custodial and non-custodial services.
How do I invest in Terra (LUNA)? Safely?
If you wish to invest in $LUNA tokens, purchase from a reputable cryptocurrency exchange such as Binance, Gate.io or KuCoin. After purchase, we advise storing your $LUNA tokens securely in a cryptocurrency wallet.
- Gate.io – LUNA/USDT & LUNA/ETH
- KuCoin – LUNA/USDT, LUNA/BTC, LUNA/ETH & LUNA/UST