How & Where to Buy Stratis (STRAT)
Step 1: Buy BTC or ETH at Coinbase
Sign up and purchase bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase.
If Coinbase is not available in your jurisdiction, view our list of exchanges that sell BTC or ETH for Government issued money.
Use Stratis: Ways to send & spend STRAT
Stratis Price & Information
Current STRAT price and historical price chart
What is Stratis
Stratis is an open source, peer to peer blockchain service with the native currency Strat (sym. STRAT) and it aims to simplify the development, testing and deployment of applications.
Stratis wishes to become the one stop shop for all the corporations and financial institutions for blockchain related solutions, more specifically blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS).
History of Stratis
Stratis was launched by Chris Trew, Nicolas Dorier, Dan Gershony, Jeremy Bokobza and Pieterjan Vanhoof in July 2016 via an ICO (Initial Coin Offer) which earned them 915 Bitcoins and Starts were sold for $0.023 a piece. Total 84 million Starts were sold during the ICO.
Since then, another 14 million Strats have been issued, taking the total number of coins to 98 million. This is the total fixed supply of Stratis.
Within the first year of launch, Stratis value increased by 500 times.
How Stratis Works
Stratis, at its. Core derives a lot from the blockchain technology of Bitcoin and some of the features of Ethereum. Stratis utilises the active blockchain of Bitcoin to form private chains for their transactions.
Stratis users can initiate a send command to transfer Starts from one to another. Instead of sending the tokens over the public blockchain, however, in Stratis network, the user proceeds to create a private sidechain. The tokens are then processed via this private blockchain which utilises the core Bitcoin blockchain in the background.
Stratis also makes use of several key components of Ethereum including Smart Contracts. It also uses Segregated Witness (SegWit) protocol, along with Proof of Stake (PoS), to validate transactions.
Stratis is a unique concept and it comes with several advantages
- Dapps Support: Not only Stratis offers DAPPS support, it offers application development in C# language which is a pretty common language for developers. Moreover, these applications can run on Dot Net framework which is widely used. Thus, Stratis applications can be run with ease and almost universally.
- Frequent Updates: Stratis offers frequent updates which plugs all the known loopholes, introduces newer features much before other cryptocurrencies and keeps the bugs away.
- Amazing Market Potential: Stratis has the potential to change how transactions take place and that makes this currency very valuable, in the future as well.
- Faster Than Ethereum: While both Ethereum and Stratis employs Smart Contracts, the Stratis makes use of the sidechain which doesn’t clog the original chain. This leads to faster transactions. The core blockchain remains lean and clean because the Stratis data is on another sidechain.
- Extraordinary Community Support: Stratis has one of the most engaged community which is eager to help everybody. While technology is what makes a currency superior, human support is what makes it exceptional.
- FinTech Support: Stratis offers futuristic FinTech support including handling of important issues like Escrows, Identity Management, Identity Theft, clearance and KYC compliances or settlement management. Everything can be done via blockchain, in the Stratis network.
- Provenance: From product tracking to verification of valuables, Stratis blockchain can be used to store and carry the identification or verification data, paving way for a smart trading future.
- Internet of Things: Stratis utilises Smart Contracts in the IoT network so one can access nodes/entities in the network without any human intervention. Think of booking a hotel room and entering it without any human touch!