How & Where to Buy Waves (WAVES)
Step 1: Buy BTC or ETH at Coinbase
Sign up and purchase bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase.
If Coinbase is not available in your jurisdiction, view our list of exchanges that sell BTC or ETH for Government issued money.
Use Waves: Ways to send & spend WAVES
Waves Price & Information
Current WAVES price and historical price chart
What is Waves
Waves (sym. WAVES) is a cryptocurrency and a completely decentralised exchange for cryptocurrency exchange with multiple advanced features including Smart Contracts and ability to launch own cryptocurrency.
History of Waves
Waves was launched by a talented team which includes Sasha Ivanov, Martin Spodymek, Alexey Kiselev and Sergey Ishchenko. Waves was initially issued by ICO (Initial Coin Offering) during April 12, 2016 – May 31, 2016. Total $16,436,095 (30,096.7 BTC) was raised during the ICO.
Total 100 million WAVES exist in the system which is the maximum allowable amount.
How Waves Work
Waves work almost like any other blockchain based cryptocurrency with some unique features.
Waves convert the fiat currency to cryptocurrencies via fully licensed Gateways. This is then converted into WAVES, the native currency of the network. Once the send command is given, the number of WAVES is deducted from the sender and added to the receiver’s account. The send command carries the amount to be transferred as well as the receiver’s wallet address. Smart Contracts can also be used to automate the transactions between different entities within the network.
Waves can also be used to create own tokens, using the underlying blockchain technology. Tokens are like personal currencies which can be used for crowdfunding projects or simply to pay for the services and goods within a particular project.
Waves is a cryptocurrency, decentralised exchange and private token platform all in one. Obviously, the platform comes with several advantages.
- Issue Own Currency (Tokens): Users can easily create Tokens, without any coding and distribute those. This can be utilised for ICO (Initial Coin Offering). Companies can also utilise Tokens to pay for products and services within their own ecosystem.
- All in One Client: Waves client is a wallet, a decentralised exchange and a token release platform together. Moreover, this client is lightweight and can be run easily on computers and smartphones.
- No Trading Limits: The decentralised exchange allows instant trading of leading cryptocurrencies and other assets. Moreover, there is no upper limit in transactions. Finally, the trading charges are much lower compared to leading centralised exchanges like Bittrex or Kraken.
- Fiat Gateways: These bidirectional gateways and fully compliant and they offer instant conversion between cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies. It is easy to add funds to Waves wallet and withdraw them to real world currencies.
- Advanced DEX Trading: Waves platform also allows nearly free, peer to peer trading of cryptocurrencies. More advanced pairing option for assets are also available.