Germany Exchanges: The 4 Best Exchanges to Use in Germany
Germany exchanges are rising in popularity. So, are you ready to buy Bitcoin in Germany? Bitcoin trading is growing in popularity, and it’s exciting times for German traders and investors. At one time, there were more limited choices. For example, users only had a Bitcoin exchange and Bitcoin wallets in the past. Now, there are thousands of listed cryptocurrencies, and traders can choose from several cryptocurrency platforms.
Today, you can build a portfolio of crypto assets to store your crypto wallet, and protect it with your private keys. Or you can buy Bitcoin online and trade Bitcoin from one of our winning German exchanges listed below. You can open a Bitcoin wallet, download mobile apps for trading, build a crypto portfolio, and enjoy your profits from selling Bitcoin or other crypto assets.
As Europe seeks to roll out an EU regulatory framework for cryptocurrency exchanges, a concern for German crypto enthusiasts is whether they can access the trading platform of their choice. Understandably, the focus for the EU is to maintain high security for users entering financial markets. Several cryptocurrency platforms cannot legally operate in some European countries, and their websites are inaccessible, although you can access a site with the help of a VPN. But why not make the process more straightforward and choose from one of our winners for best-in-class crypto exchanges?
We have a time-tested, trusted methodology for finding the top cryptocurrency exchanges. We have several essential factors and eliminate crypto exchanges from our list if they don’t meet the criteria. We aren’t here to provide investment advice, so it’s essential to do your own research and to assess market risk before buying or trading digital currencies.
Today, we have three winning Germany exchanges and one “slept-on” winner for the top exchanges in Germany. So, if you’re eager to purchase Bitcoin or other digital assets, let’s find out about the winners for exchanges in Germany for the cryptocurrency market.
Germany Exchanges: Ranking Methodology
- Germany friendly*: Of course, suitable crypto exchanges must be Pro-Germany
- Exchange and Broker: Look for German exchanges with low trading fees and a range of payment methods such as debit cards, bank wire, wire transfer, and bank transfer so you can sell Bitcoin or buy Bitcoin instantly or other virtual cryptocurrencies
- Reputation: A reputable platform with consumer protection for users funds
Diving Deeper Into Our Winners
If you are searching for reputable Germany exchanges, Gate.io is an excellent choice for buying Bitcoin. It has an impressive range of over 1,250 cryptocurrencies and more than 2,250 trading pairs. Opening an account is fast and easy because as soon as you confirm your email, your account is live, ready for you to start buying Bitcoin or other tokens, and, good news, there are no deposit fees.
- Low 0.2% trading fees
- Fast and simple verification process
- No deposit fees
- Low withdrawal fees (for example, 0% + 0.011 ETH for Ethereum)
- Vast range of 1,250+ coins (including Bitcoin Cash) and more than 2,250 crypto trading pairs
- High volume and liquidity
- Zero deposit or withdrawal fees
- Beginner-friendly platform and intuitive trading interface
- Rebate scheme for VIP traders
- Secure platform – CER.live rated Gate.io’s cybersecurity as “excellent” for two consecutive years
- 10/10 CoinGecko Trust Score
- Payment methods – cryptocurrency
CoinGecko gave Gate.io a trust score of 10/10, positioning the platform as the third-best crypto exchange worldwide. In addition, CER.live rated Gate.io’s cybersecurity as excellent for two consecutive years, and, more recently, Forbes Advisor rated Gate.io as “Best Crypto Exchanges 2022”.
You can purchase Bitcoin or other virtual currencies with a Visa credit card with Euros (also U.S dollars [USD] and British Pounds [GBP]). Trading fees are reasonable, and Gate.io provides a proprietary hardware wallet, the ‘S1’, and an exchange wallet.
The only downside with Gate.io is when you want to withdraw real money because presently (February 2022), you must send your crypto to an off-ramp platform like Coinbase, where you can convert your crypto to fiat money and withdraw it to your bank.
When you’re new to the crypto space, the worst thing imaginable is to find yourself on a complicated cryptocurrency exchange. Coinbase has made it onto our Germany exchanges list because it makes cryptocurrency trading and investing easy for beginners. The site is a dream to navigate because the “buy,” “sell,” or “convert” buttons are immediately visible on the clean-cut interface, as is your portfolio of currencies.
- Payment methods – Buy crypto instantly with fiat currencies using your credit or debit cards
- Competitive trading fees and a great range of trading services
- Secure storage – Store Bitcoin securely as most assets are in Coinbase’s secure offline storage.
- 2FA account security
- Insurance protected – insurance cover for crypto stored on Coinbase servers
- Mobile App – available to iOS and Android for crypto trading on-the-go
- The user-friendly trading platform is easy and intuitive to navigate
- Free USD wallet and hosted cryptocurrency wallet service
- No fees for transferring Bitcoin or tokens from one Coinbase wallet to another
- Coinbase card – zero transaction fees for spending USDC (flat 2.49% transaction fee for other crypto purchases)
- Online bank transfers – verify your account to enable the bank transfer
- Low withdrawal fees
- Fiat trading
Opening a Coinbase account is straightforward, and your login details also give you access to Coinbase Pro (see below), which has a broader range of trading tools for more skilled traders.
You can instantly buy Bitcoin or other digital currency with your debit card or credit card. All fees are transparent on the Coinbase platform. When it comes to withdrawing, you need to add and verify your bank account, and you can withdraw your profits in “real money.” Coinbase is popular with all levels of investors and traders but loved by beginners for the simplicity of transactions.
KuCoin is one of our top recommendations for the Germany exchange list. This platform is a user-friendly exchange with a good reputation within the crypto space. The exchange has bank-level security, an intuitive user interface, 24/7 customer support, and a vast range of crypto services for German traders and investors. You can buy cryptos with your debit or credit cards and earn money from staking or lending your tokens via KuCoin’s Pool-X liquidity trading market.
- 600+ listed tokens and Bitcoin
- $2+ billion trading volume (daily)
- 10 million investors globally
- KuCoin mobile app
- 24/7 customer service
- No restrictions between fiat and crypto on the exchange
- 50+ listed fiat currencies
- “KuCoin Earn” – earn interest from staking or lending your coins
- Competitive fees
- Bank-level asset security
- Non-custodial trading
- KuCoin has a native token $KCS
- Simple interface for beginners
The KuCoin website states that 1 in 4 cryptocurrency holders are in its customer base. Apart from the epic range of services, KuCoin stands apart because of its fiat onramp, with 50+ currencies available. Fees are industry-competitive, with low trading and withdrawal fees.
Verification is straightforward, with three levels of accounts, starting with an unverified account requiring email confirmation. However, there are trading limitations. The verified individual KuCoin account requires further proof of ID and the third level is for institutional traders. For your safety, it’s advisable to opt-in for a verified account, especially if you want to buy Bitcoin in Germany.
Coin Clarity’s Sleeper Pick
Coinbase Pro is like the advanced version of Coinbase, and the two platforms can interlink. It’s an ideal platform for intermediate to advanced traders as it offers a more sophisticated range of trading tools. With that in mind, Coinbase Pro is popular with high-volume traders because of the fee discounts. However, it isn’t a platform suitable for beginners, and we recommend Coinbase as the alternative if you find Coinbase Pro baffling.
- 150+ cryptocurrencies
- Discounts for volume trading
- User-friendly interface
- Payment methods – Bank transfer, debit and credit cards, wire transfer
- Advanced trading options
- Fiat currency trading & conversion
- Mobile app – available on iOS and Android devices
- Real-time charting tools
- FDIC Insurance
- Coinbase Pro holds 98% of customers funds in cold storage
- Two-step verification (2FA) and biometric fingerprint logins
- Digital wallets are AES-256 encrypted
Coinbase Pro’s history began with Coinbase, launched in 2012. In 2015 the company introduced the Coinbase Exchange, a spin-off service intended to attract professional, high-volume traders. In 2016, the service became known as GDAX, and later in 2018, it emerged as Coinbase Pro.
The Coinbase Pro interface is intuitive for experienced traders with over 470 crypto-to-crypto, stablecoin-to-crypto, and fiat-to-crypto trading pairs. The numbers of trading pairs available vary from country to country. It’s easy to select a trading pair from the dropdown menu, and you can switch markets by currency, such as “fiat,” or for Bitcoin purchases, for instance.
The beauty of the Coinbase Pro platform is everything is on one page, making it super easy to navigate.
To withdraw, convert your crypto into “real money” and request a bank transfer. You can also deposit your chosen currency to your account and convert it into crypto. Bank transfers on this platform are super fast.
Coinbase Pro has a mobile app for more streamlined, on-the-go trading, with the same features as the desktop version. Exchange commission fees are favorable for high-volume traders. If you’re trading under €10k a month, maker and taker fees are 0.5%. These fees decrease as you trade more volume, at the lowest of 0.04%, and zero maker fees if you trade over €2 billion, ideal for banking institutions, institutional investors, or traders. Fees are transparent on the Coinbase Pro website. There are no fees for ACH deposits or crypto deposits.
If you have crypto or “real-money” in Coinbase, log in to your Coinbase Pro account, and you can directly transfer from one account to another.
Coinbase Pro holds 98% of user funds in cold storage (offline). Keys and wallets are AES-256 encrypted, and 2FA also helps secure your account.
One downside of the Coinbase Pro platform is it’s sometimes “clunky” during peak trading periods. The site also crashes occasionally. It may not seem like a significant issue, but if you have open trades, it could cause problems managing the trade. We’re confident that Coinbase Pro will resolve this ongoing issue.
Germany Exchanges: What is a Crypto ATMs?
On the internet, there are “kiosks” where you can exchange deposited cash for Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, also known as Bitcoin ATMs. These are very popular in Germany and can be found all over the country.
There you have it — the top exchanges for the two million (and growing) German users adopting cryptocurrency every day. While Germany does require a few hoops to jump through initially, we’d say it’s worth it for the financial autonomy and freedom that Bitcoin brings.
Good luck out there!