Netherlands Exchanges: The 4 Best & Most Reliable Exchanges
Netherlands Exchanges have become a greater point of interest as cryptocurrency continues to grow exponentially and more traders rush to sign up with a Bitcoin exchange to buy Bitcoin in the Netherlands every day. But it’s not just Bitcoin exchanges grabbing all the attention. Many Dutch traders and investors want to find an instant cryptocurrency exchange with low fees and easy payment methods (like SEPA transfer), so they can buy and trade multiple digital currencies.
Before registering to deposit fees with a cryptocurrency trading platform, you must consider multiple key factors. Without due diligence, you could find yourself losing money rapidly. On the other hand, if you’re a complete beginner at buying Bitcoin or altcoins, you must study the essential information. For instance, you must store your coins in a secure wallet and understand that you will not receive compensation if you lose your private keys.
Perhaps you’re on this page searching for a highly trusted Bitcoin service or researching cryptocurrency exchanges before taking the plunge. If that’s the case, well done. You’re in the right place to learn about the best cryptocurrency exchange to buy Bitcoin in the Netherlands. Perhaps it’s altcoins you’re interested in trading. If so, we have researched some of the best crypto exchanges where you can trust your client funds are not in the hands of a dodgy crypto website intent on scamming innocent Netherlands traders out of their money.
We have a tried and trusted ranking system for assessing the top crypto exchanges. Most of them accept fiat currencies, which is a big bonus when you start trading on an exchange. Why? Because when it’s time to withdraw your money, you need to know you can do so with SEPA transfer, bank transfer, or wire transfer, at the very least.
So, if you are ready to trade Bitcoins, purchase Bitcoins or altcoins, let’s look at the winning exchanges for the Netherlands.
- Netherlands friendly*: Of course, a suitable exchange must be Pro-Netherlands with reasonable transaction fees
- Exchange and Broker: Buy Bitcoin in the Netherlands, ideally with payment methods like online wire transfers or credit or debit card
- Reputation: Secure, reputable, and trustworthy for all levels of crypto traders and with low fees
Diving Deeper Into Our Winners
Gemini – Winner of the Best Netherlands Exchange for the Exchange for Experienced Traders
The Gemini platform is reasonably intuitive for crypto traders but is best suited to advanced traders. The user-friendly interface is simple to navigate and has multiple options for experienced crypto traders in the Netherlands. ActiveTrader gives real-time market data, helpful for instant trading.
- Secure storage system – most assets are in Gemini’s offline cold storage system
- Insured hot wallet storage against fraudulent exchange activity
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) for extra protection
- Trading tools for beginners and advanced traders
- The first crypto exchange and custodian to complete SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2 exams
- 24/7 customer support
- Instant buy and cheaper fees for “ActiveTrader” users
- Services and support for individual and institutional investors
- Deposit and withdrawal options – with fiat currency (wire transfer) or crypto
- Cryptopedia – a free platform providing essential cryptocurrency education
- Payment methods – wire transfer. Instant purchase with a debit card (3.49% fee + trading fees) Bank transfer options only available to the U.S
- Mobile app – trading fees start at $0.99 for $10.00, and over $200 it’s 1.49%
- Gemini Earn – to gain interest on your token holdings
If you hold cryptocurrency with Gemini, you can earn up to 7.4% a year interest with the “Gemini Earn” program (February 2022). In addition, the platform has secure, offline storage with “Gemini Custody” at a reasonable 0.4% a year fee. If you prefer easy access to a hot wallet, the Gemini wallet will serve your purpose.
One critique from traders in the Netherlands is that Gemini’s trading fees are not always competitive with other crypto platforms. Market prices determine the fees when buying and selling cryptos: –
- Convenience fee – 0.5% of market price per trade
- Transaction fee – 1.49% for smaller orders but a percentage fee for larger orders
Overall, Gemini is a great exchange for crypto traders with experience. However, for Dutch traders with less experience, you may find the platform a bit daunting. Of course, that doesn’t stop you from benefitting from the “Gemini Earn” program. If you want to start trading on Gemini’s platform, gain some skills trading cryptocurrencies, and then when you have advanced, open an account with Gemini to sample the great range of trading options.
Gate.io – Winner of the Best Netherlands Exchange for Easiest Exchange for Opening an Account
Gate.io has to be one of the easiest for opening a new account. As soon as you confirm your application, you are ready to start trading Bitcoin futures, buy Bitcoin anonymously or search through the 2,258+ trading pairs listed on the platform.
- Low trading fees of 0.2%
- Easy verification process
- Zero deposit fees
- Low withdrawal fees (for example, 0% + 0.011 ETH for Ethereum)
- Over 1,287 listed coins and 2,258+ trading pairs
- High liquidity for fast order transactions
- Small $10 minimum order size
- Payment methods – Can use Visa credit card for buying digital currencies (USD, EURO & GBP only)
- No deposit or withdrawal fees
- User-friendly platform and intuitive trading interface
- Rebate scheme for VIP traders
- Secure platform
- 10/10 CoinGecko Trust Score
- Rated “Excellent” for cybersecurity by CER.com
- Secure exchange wallet and ‘S1’ cold storage hardware wallet
Gate.io has a CoinGecko trust score of 10/10, rating Gate.io as the third best global crypto exchange. In addition, cybersecurity is “excellent,” rated by CER.com for two consecutive years.
You can choose a payment method that includes using Visa credit cards to purchase Bitcoin and other digital currencies, though currently, you can only do so with U.S. dollars (USD), Euros (EUR), and British pounds (GBP). Gate.io does not presently offer bank transfers and does not offer fiat trading.
To protect your assets, you may look at Bitcoin wallets with functionality for storing other cryptos. For example, Gate.io has a secure cold storage wallet, the ‘S1’, and a hot exchange wallet. If you already have a Bitcoin wallet, check that you can store multiple currencies or sign up for a free Gate.io wallet.
Coinbase – Winner of the Best Netherlands Exchange for the Easiest Platform to Buy Bitcoin in the Netherlands
Coinbase is an excellent cryptocurrency exchange for Dutch traders and investors. It’s easy to trade Bitcoin or sell Bitcoin and altcoins. There are a variety of payment methods. You can buy with debit cards, and a bank transfer service is available to withdraw your money, although bank account verification is required before you can do so.
- Payment methods – buy crypto instantly with fiat currencies with your debit/credit card
- 159 cryptocurrencies listed
- Offline storage – most of the crypto assets are stored in secure offline storage
- Good security – every Coinbase account has 2-step verification for extra security
- Coinbase App – available to iOS and Android for on-the-go crypto trading
- User-friendly – the Coinbase trading platform is easy and intuitive to navigate even for total crypto beginners
- Free USD wallet and hosted cryptocurrency wallet service
- No fees for transferring from one Coinbase wallet to another
- Insurance covers your cryptocurrencies in the event of a cyberattack
- Coinbase card – zero fees for spending USDC, but there is a flat 2.49% fee for purchases made with other cryptocurrencies
- Easy, fast withdrawals via bank transfer
The platform is intuitive, so you should find the buying process easy, and the exchange rate is competitive when it comes to selling Bitcoin or other cryptos.
Coinbase is a reputable crypto exchange with reasonable fees. However, trading fees vary from 1.5% to 4.5%, and other fees may apply.
If you are exploring cryptocurrencies and want an uncomplicated platform to buy Bitcoin in the Netherlands or start trading cryptos without complication, Coinbase is one of the easiest platforms to use.
Slept On Exchange
KuCoin – Winner of the Best Netherlands Exchange for Most Versatile Cryptocurrency Exchange
KuCoin has a lot to offer Netherlands crypto traders. It’s an exchange where you can buy Bitcoin safely. Trading fees are low, and the platform has 608 cryptocurrencies. The interface is user-friendly and easy for beginners to navigate. Indeed, whatever you need on the KuCoin website is easy to find.
- 608 cryptocurrencies
- 1.9 billion trading volume
- 10 million global investors
- The largest social trading platform
- KuCoin mobile app
- 24/7 customer service
- Zero restrictions on the exchange between fiat and crypto
- Supports 50+ fiat currencies through P2P market and credit/debit card channel
- KuCoin earn program
- Crypto lending
- Low trading and withdrawal fees
- Bank-level asset security
- Non-custodial trading
- Trading fees 0.1%
- Maker fee 0.020% : Taker fee 0.060% : Settlement fee 0.025%
- Zero fee deposits
- Variable fees for crypto withdrawals (for example, Ethereum (ETH) fees are 0.004 ETH)
- KuCoin native token $KCS
- Easy interface for beginners
- Margin trading
KuCoin has an impressive range of fiat currency for traders at 50+, making it one of the best crypto exchanges for “real money.”
The FAQ section is helpful when you’re getting started, although KuCoin doesn’t appear to have an educational hub as many other exchanges provide.
The “KuCoin Earn” program runs various promotions in the Netherlands and beyond. For example, KuCoin promoted $KAI on 13th January 2022 with a projected 40% APY closing on 13th April 2022. The high-earning promotions are primarily short-term, running from a few days to a few months, but are worth checking.
According to the KuCoin website, the” KuCoin Earn” service pays interest between 8 -12% APY. You can either stake your coins through Pool-X (backed by KuCoin) or lend your crypto out and receive interest. Consider that both options require you to lock in your crypto for a designated period. KuCoin assures lenders full repayment for loans, as their margin insurance covers it.
One downside to KuCoin is the limited payment methods. You can technically buy crypto with fiat money but can presently only do so via a third-party app like Google Pay or Apple pay. You cannot deposit by bank transfers, and fees can be a bit high.
Netherlands Exchanges: What is a Crypto ATM?
On the internet, there are “kiosks” where you can exchange deposited cash for Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, also known as Bitcoin ATMs. These are very popular in the Netherlands and can be found all over the country.
There you have it — the top exchanges for the growing number of Dutch traders adopting cryptocurrency every day. While the Netherlands does require a few hoops to jump through initially, we’d say it’s worth it for the financial autonomy and freedom that Bitcoin brings.
Good luck out there!
Leave a Comment