Turkey Exchanges: The 4 Best & Most Reliable Exchanges
Turkey exchanges have gained a lot of interest in recent years. As crypto popularity increases exponentially, traders in Turkey are seeking to learn more about blockchain technology. So you might be a new crypto trader exploring the crypto world, looking for the best cryptocurrency exchange to deposit your Turkish Lira to buy Bitcoin, hold Bitcoin, and other digital assets.
Trading Bitcoin and tokens is a speculative activity, and risks are involved. The best exchanges help novice and advanced traders to learn how to trade digital money, teaching you how to store cryptocurrency and keep your private keys safe. A good cryptocurrency exchange offers a wide range of cryptocurrencies. Whether you’re buying, selling, or trading with your local currency, the Turkish Lira, the platform should also provide a selection of payment methods.
Some established reputable platforms began as Bitcoin exchanges when investors became interested in buying Bitcoin and selling Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. But, of course, there was nothing but a Bitcoin wallet to store your Bitcoin back then. Still, today, most cryptocurrency exchanges have free proprietary storage for their customers to hold multiple tokens.
Our time-tested ranking methodology assesses the top cryptocurrency platforms. It’s not different from researching companies when considering buying stocks or shares. You may want to buy Ethereum or choose from multiple cryptocurrencies. If you wish to trade digital money or build an investment portfolio, our ranking system will help you decide on the best cryptocurrency exchange for you.
So, if you have the funds and are itching to buy, sell or trade coins, let’s discover the winning cryptocurrency exchanges and get you started.
Ranking Methodology for Turkey Exchanges
- Turkey friendly*: Of course, a suitable exchange must be Pro-Turkey with low fees
- Exchange and Broker: Buy Bitcoin in Turkey, ideally with easy payment methods
- Reputation: Secure, reputable, and trustworthy for cryptocurrency deposits for Turkish users
Diving Deeper Into Our Winners
Gemini – Winner of the Best Turkey Exchange for Advanced Traders
Gemini has a wide variety of options for Bitcoin traders, crypto, or Bitcoin investors with crypto assets in Turkey. For advanced traders, the platform is ideal, although fees can be a bit higher than other exchanges. On the other hand, the “ActiveTrader” trading platform is popular with experienced traders wanting to trade using real-time market data and execute micro-fast order transactions.
- Security – The platform has the majority of assets in a cold storage system
- Hot wallet storage covering fraudulent activity
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- ActiveTrader platform for advanced traders who need high-performing tools
- SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2 qualifications
- 24/7 customer support
- 80 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin
- Cheaper fees and instant trading for “ActiveTrader” users
- Institutional and individual investor support
- Payment methods – Deposit and withdraw with fiat currency (wire transfer) or crypto
- Cryptopedia – a 100% free crypto education platform
- Payment methods – wire transfer. Instant purchase only currently available to the U.S
- Mobile App – trading fees start at $0.99 for $10.00, and over $200 it’s 1.49%
- Convenience fee – 0.5% of market price per trade
- Transaction fee – 1.49% for smaller orders but a percentage fee for larger orders
- Gemini Earn program to earn interest from staking or lending cryptocurrency
The “Gemini Earn” program is another popular feature for crypto enthusiasts in Turkey because you can earn up to 7.4% APY with your coins. With traditional banking interest so low, it’s unlikely the Turkish central bank could match such a generous interest rate. Nevertheless, it’s one reason why Bitcoin in Turkey is seeing an acceleration of interest from crypto enthusiasts, Bitcoin traders, and investors.
Another bonus for Turkish traders and investors is that Gemini has a cold storage wallet for its users – the “Gemini Custody” and only charges a nominal 0.4% fee. In addition, the platform has an exchange wallet if that’s what you prefer. You can withdraw your funds via bank wire but not bank transfer.
Gemini is a reputable cryptocurrency exchange suitable for skilled traders who have actively traded for a period. Or you may be a cryptocurrency enthusiast wanting to open an account and earn interest with “Gemini Earn.”
Gate.io – Winner of the Best Turkey Exchange for Coins and Trading Pairs
If you’re ready to open an account with a cryptocurrency exchange in Turkey, Gate.io has to be the quickest for getting you up and running fast, trading Bitcoin or other coins. Then, for a brief investment of time, you can register for an account with a platform that can boast a GoinGecko trust score of 10/10 and rank as the third-best cryptocurrency worldwide.
- Low trading fees of 0.2%
- Simple verification process
- Zero deposit fees
- Low withdrawal fees (for example, 0% + 0.011 ETH for Ethereum)
- More than 1,287 listed coins (including Bitcoin) and 2,258+ trading pairs
- High liquidity for fast order Bitcoin or other crypto transactions
- Small $10 minimum order size
- Payment methods – Can use Visa credit card for buying digital tokens (USD, EURO & GBP only)
- Zero deposit or withdrawal fees
- Beginner-friendly platform and intuitive trading interface
- Rebate scheme for VIP traders
- Rated 10/10 Trust Score by GoinGecko
- Rated “Excellent” for cybersecurity by CER.com
- Secure exchange wallet and ‘S1’ cold storage hardware wallet
With Over 1,287 coins, including Bitcoin, and more than 2,258 trading pairs, Turkish traders are spoilt for choice, although, unfortunately, Gate.io does not presently offer fiat trading. Gate.io has an exchange wallet and a cold storage wallet for its users. The latter is the ‘S1’, and offline storage is considered safer. Some Bitcoin wallets can store other currencies if you prefer not to use the free Gate.io wallets.
Payment methods for Gate.io are a bit limiting because Visa credit card and debit card payments are only available for U.S. dollars (USD), Euros (EUR), and British pounds (GBP). However, you can deposit into your account with Bitcoin or other coins listed on the platform. Hopefully, the payments option will improve for Gate.io in the future.
Coinbase – Winner of the Best Turkey Exchange for Beginners
Coinbase is the “go-to” exchange when cryptocurrency newbies want to start buying Bitcoin in Turkey. For example, you might be ready to buy and sell Bitcoin, or perhaps you’re interested in Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Coinbase has over 159 listed coins to choose from for investing or trading, and the range of payment methods makes it super easy to buy the coins you want using a debit card.
- Payment methods – buy crypto instantly with fiat currencies with your debit card or credit card
- 159 listed cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- Secure storage – most digital currencies are stored in Coinbase’s offline storage
- Two-step verification (2FA)
- Coinbase’s mobile App – download to iOS and Android to buy Bitcoin or trade with your mobile device
- User-friendly – the Coinbase trading platform is easy and intuitive to navigate even for total Bitcoin or crypto beginners
- Free USD wallet and hosted cryptocurrency wallet service
- Zero fees for transferring from one Coinbase wallet to another
- Insurance covers your Bitcoin and coins in the event of a cyberattack
- Coinbase card – zero fees for spending USDC, but a flat 2.49% fee for purchases made with other cryptocurrencies
- Easy, fast withdrawals for your funds via bank transfer
The payment methods for Coinbase are vastly superior to many other exchanges. When you are ready to withdraw your profits from Bitcoin or other coins, you can do so with bank transfer through Coinbase or Coinbase Pro. In both cases, you must verify your bank account first by sending $2 to the Coinbase account. In a couple of days, you are ready to access your account and request a withdrawal. Payment is surprisingly fast.
Coinbase fees are competitive, with trading fees ranging from 1.5% to 4.5%. Other fees may apply, but all costs are transparent on the Coinbase website.
Some cryptocurrency exchanges are complex and challenging to navigate. Coinbase is the exception with its “idiot-proof” user-friendly interface. In our opinion, Coinbase is a well-deserved winner for “best for beginners.”
Slept On Exchange
KuCoin – Winner of the Best Turkey Exchange for Crypto Services
What’s not to like about KuCoin? A notable feature for KuCoin is the vast range of fiat currencies, with over 50 available. If you are a crypto investor based in Turkey, you can buy Bitcoins on KuCoin or choose from 608 cryptocurrencies. Trading fees are reasonable, and the interface is easy and intuitive to navigate. The website is transparent, and it’s easy to find information, including a helpful FAQ page.
- 600+ listed altcoins, including Bitcoin
- 1.9 billion trading volume
- 10 million investors worldwide
- KuCoin website states it is the largest social trading platform
- KuCoin mobile app
- 24/7 customer service
- No restrictions on the exchange between fiat and crypto
- Supports an impressive 50+ fiat currencies
- KuCoin earn program
- Crypto lending program
- Low trading and withdrawal fees
- Bank-level asset security
- Non-custodial trading
- Reasonable fees: Trading fees 0.1% : Maker fee 0.020% : Taker fee 0.060% : Settlement fee 0.025%
- No fees for deposits
- Variable fees for crypto withdrawals depending on each coin Fees are transparent on the KuCoin website
- KuCoin has a native token $KCS
- Easy-to-use interface for beginners
- Margin trading available
- Limited payment methods
The popular “KuCoin Earn” program also runs excellent promotions in Turkey. Running from a few days to several months, you might have the chance to grab 35% – 40% APY in the chosen period. It’s a real incentive for Turkish KuCoin fans. You can also stake or lend your Bitcoins or tokens for a payments return of 8% – 12% APY. Your coins are locked in for a pre-determined period, and KuCoin’s margin insurance covers your loan.
Suppose you are a beginner at Bitcoin and buying or trading tokens. In that case, you may be disappointed with the educational side of KuCoin because the platform doesn’t appear to have a cryptocurrency educational hub. That’s a missed opportunity, especially as KuCoin professes that 1 in 4 global traders are KuCoin customers. Another downside is the limited payment methods. It’s not easy to buy Bitcoin or other coins because you can only do so via a third-party app like Google Pay or Apple Pay, and these transactions can be costly.
You cannot deposit by bank transfers, which is disappointing for one of the best crypto exchanges. However, for the sheer range of service, reputability, and transparency, KuCoin is a definite winner.
Turkey Exchange: What Is A Crypto ATM?
On the internet, there are “kiosks” where you can exchange deposited cash for Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, also known as Bitcoin ATMs. These are very popular in Turkey and can be found all over the country.
There you have it — the top exchanges for the growing number of Turkish users adopting cryptocurrency every day. While Turkey does require a few hoops to jump through initially, we’d say it’s worth it for the financial autonomy and freedom that Bitcoin brings.
Good luck out there!