How & Where to Buy Dash (DASH)
Step 1: Buy BTC or ETH at Coinbase
Sign up and purchase bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase.
If Coinbase is not available in your jurisdiction, view our list of exchanges that sell BTC or ETH for Government issued money.
Use Dash: Ways to send & spend DASH
Dash Price & Information
Current DASH price and historical price chart
What is Dash
Dash (Sym. DASH) is a fully features, peer to peer, open source and fully decentralised cryptocurrency with multiple unique features like instant transfer and private transfer.
Dash is also the first fully decentralised, autonomous cryptocurrency organisation.
History of Dash
Dash was originally released by lead programmer Evan Duffield in January 2014 as Xcoin (sym. XCO) and in February 2014 was rebranded to Darkcoin. Later in March 2015, it was named Dash, an abbreviation of Digital Cash. Nearly 2 million Dash coins were mined within the first 2 days of its launch which was attributed to an error in programming. However, the alternative proposals were disapproved by the community and the coin continued.
In 2017, the daily trade volume of Dash is nearly $100 million and the market capitalisation is $1.4 billion.
Dash also has one of the largest active community with a very active official forum on Bitcoin Talk.
How Dash Works
Dash is a peer to peer cryptocurrency which allows fund (DASH) transfer between two Dash users.
When a sender initiates a transfer, he mentions the receiver’s wallet address and the amount of Dash to be transferred. This information is included in a blockchain and sent to the network. It is then processed by miners and Supernodes on the network who approve (or disapprove) it. Once it is approved, the amount of Dash is transferred from the sender’s account to the receiver’s account.
During special transactions like InstaSend and PrivateSend, the process is followed with a little modification.
Dash was proposed with several advantages over traditional cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ether.
- PrivateSend: PrivateSend is a specialised service from Dash which allows users to send instant payments to receivers without revealing any personally identifiable information. PrivateSend uses coins from other networks to obfuscate the tracing of the parties involved.
- InstaSend: InstaSend allows users to transact in real-time. The transaction is verified by the consensus of masternode network and If no consensus is reached, Dash allows the transaction to take place through the regular block validation method of Bitcoin. This eliminates the “Double Spend” attack risk from the network.
- Dedicated, Two-Tier Nodes: Unlike Bitcoin where miners do everything, Dash has two tiers of nodes where the miners perform tasks like creating a block or approving a transaction and masternodes take care of the special services such as InstaSend and PrivateSend. Thus, the special services are never bogged down to congestion.
- Ultra Safe: Dash places utmost importance of security of the network, consequently the wealth of the users, and uses more than 4000 servers around the world and 1,000 Gigahash of X11 ASIC computing security.
- Large Network: Dash is one of the fastest growing peer to peer cryptocurrency network with more than 4000 servers around the world. This means enhanced security as transactions need to ‘convince’ more nodes. It also means basic users can use their Dash from anywhere in the world with very little computing power.