How and Where to Buy Hex (HEX)
Richard Heart launched HEX on 2nd December 2019. On the website, HEX describes itself as a “Certificate of Deposit on the blockchain.”
What Is Hex (HEX)?
HEX is an ERC-20 token released on the Ethereum network, created as a “store of value to replace the Certificate of Deposit as the blockchain counterpart of that financial product used in traditional financial markets.” HEX also leverages “off the emerging DeFI ecosystem in cryptocurrencies within the Ethereum network.”
HEX uses the Ethereum network for transactions (sending and receiving $HEX tokens) and interacts with HEX Smart Contracts. Each HEX Smart Contract contains the staking mechanism and consensus code.
What Makes Hex (HEX) Unique?
According to the HEX website, Certificates of Deposits (also known as CDs) are worth trillions of dollars.
CDs pay significantly higher interest than a savings account, which isn’t difficult in today’s economic times. However, your $HEX deposit is also subject to a fixed period of lock-in. As a result, HEX has, to date, outperformed traditional Bank Certificates of Deposits. The HEX website states, “In HEX, you’re the bank.”
“Because it’s on-chain, you can inspect every address, seeing when it is bought or sold, whether it has HEX stakes open when those stakes expire, what other coins they hold, everything!” – HEX website.
It would be fair to say that HEX has a high opinion of its offering to the cryptocurrency world. Furthermore, HEX makes a bold statement that you can earn 40% APY on average from staking your $HEX tokens. Based on the HEX website data, let’s explore what makes HEX an appealing proposition for crypto enthusiasts and investors.
- Highest appreciating asset – You cannot sell staked $HEX. The average stakeholding length for $HEX tokens is around 4.8 years. The HEX website implies that millions of dollars of $HEX are “locked-in” for up to fifteen years at a time
- No middlemen – keeping control of your money is a significant benefit of staking your $HEX. The HEX website says, “In HEX, you mint your own interest while remaining in complete control.”
- HEX pays 40% APY on average – you can lock in your $HEX tokens for 1 – 5,555 days. During this period, your $HEX tokens accrue daily interest. When people end their $HEX stakes early, you earn additional interest
- 100% uptime – Users mint their $HEX coins into existence, meaning that, to date, HEX has a 100% uptime record
- HEX has transparent trading – HEX is a popular coin for trading on decentralized exchanges
- HEX rewards honesty – the HEX TruthEngine gathers helpful information about future market behavior
- Unique tools – HEX charts future locked supply, so users can plan for when the larger $HEX stakes are due to expire
- HEX has no OFF switch – it is genuinely decentralized on the blockchain. If the HEX website went offline, HEX would continue working. It is not reliant on administrators, making it popular for developers to build on top of HEX
- HEX is over-performing – this section could be subjective. The HEX website highlights the $HEX token’s extreme price volatility. Strangely, HEX appears to make a feature of the price of $HEX tokens dipping almost 90% in the first year of trading
- HEX rewards responsibility – HEX encourages responsible behavior by advising you to do your research before committing your $HEX stake.
- HEX is secure – HEX has had two independent security reviews and one economics review
- HEX rewards your foresight – the HEX website refers to 2,000,000x returns, but massive price swings are not unusual in the cryptocurrency market
- HEX puts you in charge – it is possible to mint your own $HEX rewards when you end your stake
- HEX is addictive – is that a good thing? The website says HEX has “speculative stickiness” because of the share price, $HEX token price, average stake length, etc.
- HEX helps the environment – by adding value to the “highest hash rate blockchain” (Ethereum)
- HEX has low inflation – In under a year, HEX inflation rate was 3.69%. If you stake $HEX tokens, you can earn more than the inflation rate paid on minted coins at the end of the staking period
“HEX has transparent trading. HEX users value their independence and security, which may be why, at the time of writing, HEX is one of the most popular coins traded in decentralized exchanges, where there is no signup, and no counterparty risk.” – according to the HEX website.
How and Where to Buy Hex (HEX)
You can purchase $HEX tokens from Poloniex.io, an established, reputable cryptocurrency exchange. Buying $HEX tokens is an effortless process because you can deposit with fiat currencies, such as GBP or USD and other currencies.
Follow the guidelines below: –
- Create an account on Poloniex.io – Open a level 1 account, provide an email and password (be sure to provide an email you won’t lose access to)
- Verify your account – Click on the link in the confirmation email
- Fund your account – Poloniex.io accepts debit or credit card payments (Mastercard, Visa, and ApplePay) and bank transfers. Or you can deposit funds from a Simplex bank account
- Buy $HEX – Buying $HEX tokens is as easy as finding HEX/USDT on the Poloniex.io platform and executing a trade
- Store your $HEX tokens securely – Poloniex.io has a secure exchange wallet for your $HEX tokens
How do I Sell Hex (HEX)?
If you wish to sell your $HEX tokens, Poloniex.io makes it super easy to do so, and you have a few options for withdrawing: –
- You can sell your $HEX tokens for a mainstream stablecoin like USDT
- Transfer your USDT to a reputable off-ramp platform such as Coinbase
- Before completing the transfer, make sure you are happy with the transaction fees
- Once the stablecoins are in your Coinbase account, it’s easy to convert them to your chosen fiat currency. You can then withdraw the funds to your bank account, allowing you to enjoy the profits you’ve (hopefully) made on your $HEX investment
- An alternative option is available if you have a Simplex bank account. You can sell your $HEX tokens for a fiat currency, such as GBP or USD, which Poloniex pays directly into your Simplex account
Should I Buy Hex (HEXX)?
Although we cannot provide investment advice, if you wish to invest in Hex (HEX), Poloniex.io is a reliable cryptocurrency exchange that lists $HEX tokens.
How do I invest in Hex (HEX)? Safely?
If you wish to invest in $HEX tokens, it is important to purchase from a reputable cryptocurrency exchange such as Poloniex.io. After purchase, we advise storing your $HEX tokens securely in a cryptocurrency wallet.