How and Where to Buy Kadena (KDA)
Will Martino and Stuart Popejoy co-founded Kadena in 2016; both were previous leaders of Juno, JP Morgan’s blockchain project. The Kadena project has attracted numerous high-profile investors like Amino Capital, ChainFund Capital, CoinFund, and Distributed Global.
The Kadena network launched the Chainweb mainnet in January 2020, the third and final rollout phase, which began in 2019, to enable the hybrid Kadena blockchain. The mainnet enables developers to create and deploy DApps on the Kadena Protocol.
Kadena also built Kadena Kuro (previously ScalableBFT), a private blockchain that uses a BFT (Byzantine Fault Tolerant) consensus mechanism. Since 2018, a healthcare consortium has used Kadena Kuro for collecting and maintaining insurance provider records.
What is Kadena (KDA)?
Kadena is a developer-friendly, decentralized public blockchain that optimizes scalability using “Pact,” a smart contract language. The Pact language enables the easy upgrade of smart contracts by overcoming the typical flaws in Ethereum’s Solidity verification, notably the lack of formal verification without a hard fork.
Pact is governed at three levels: –
- Account management level
- Setting strategic direction for crucial community initiatives
Kadena uses Chainweb, a proof of work (PoW) consensus mechanism consisting of multiple chains, mined individually, that work in parallel to execute network transactions. Chainweb supports a base-layer high-transaction of data independent of second-layer scalability, which can over-complicate application development.
What Makes Kadena (KDA) Unique?
The Kadena revolutionary chain architecture is engineered for real-world use with Bitcoin-level network security.
Developers can build “trustless, decentralized, cross-chain transfers” on the blockchain on the Kadena network. The Kadena ChainRelay bridge will enable the execution of transfers on Ethereum, Terra, and Celo blockchains.
- Safer smart contracts – Pact detects bugs automatically, making it easier to – design smart contracts at all levels, from beginner to experienced developers
- No-cost transactions – Kadena introduced the first crypto “gas station” that enables businesses to remove customer transaction fees, which makes its adoption more attractive to the masses
- Energy-efficient at scale – regardless of network demand, energy use remains consistent
- Proven security – the proof of work (PoW) consensus mechanism ensures that Kadena network security is “reliable, secure, and battle-hardened”
- Industrial scalability – the Kadena protocol scales to higher transactions per second (TPS) as it adds more chains to the network, meaning it can power “global financial systems”
DeFi, Payments, and NFTs
Pact’s unique technology supports every imaginable use case. “Unfragmented liquidity pools supporting unique incentives and cash flows across exchanges.”
You can create NFTs on Marmalade, the NFT marketplace, without having to lock your items with one marketplace.
How and Where to Buy Kadena (KDA)?
When investing in Kadena (KDA), the most crucial step is to choose a trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange. KuCoin, known as “The Peoples’ Exchange,” has a good reputation in the crypto space. It has over 1,200 markets and more than 640 coins: –
- Register for an account with KuCoin. For access to all services, it’s best to sign up with the secure verification process
- Protect your account with 2FA (two-factor authorization)
- Deposit by SEPA if you are in Europe or use a debit or credit card for zero fees via BANXA. You can deposit with supported cryptocurrency or with Apple Pay or Google Pay
- On the “exchange”, choose a $KDA pair: KDA/USDT or KDA/BTC
- Store your $KDA tokens in a secure crypto wallet. KuCoin has an exchange wallet, or you can connect a third-party wallet
How do I Sell Kadena (KDA)?
Once you are ready to sell your $KDA tokens, it’s a straightforward process with KuCoin: –
- Log in to your KuCoin account
- Exchange your $KDA tokens for $USDT, a mainstream stablecoin on most crypto platforms
- Transfer your $USDT to an off-ramp platform like Coinbase or Gemini
- Check you are happy with the cost of transfer fees before completing the transaction
- Once the $USDT is in your Coinbase or Gemini account, convert them to your chosen fiat currency and withdraw it to your bank account
Should I Buy Kadena (KDA)?
We cannot advise you about purchasing cryptocurrencies because it has to be your choice. All investments come with risks and without guarantees for a profit. Still, if you decide you wish to invest in Kadena (KDA), the best option is to choose a reliable cryptocurrency exchange like KuCoin, Gate.io, or Bittrex.
How do I invest in Kadena (KDA)? Safely?
The safest way to invest in Kadena (KDA) is to weigh up the pros and cons of the project before deciding to buy and only invest money that you can comfortably afford to lose.
Gate.io has over 2300 markets and 1380+ coins. It lists KDA/USDT and KDA/BTC pairs and has a cold storage wallet if you prefer to store your Kadena (KDA) tokens offline.
Bittrex has a mobile app digital wallet. It has over 840 markets and more than 450 coins, and it lists KDA/USDT and KDA/BTC pairs.