How & Where to Buy Veritaseum (VERI)
Step 1: Buy BTC or ETH at Coinbase
Sign up and purchase bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase.
If Coinbase is not available in your jurisdiction, view our list of exchanges that sell BTC or ETH for Government issued money.
Use Veritaseum: Ways to send & spend VERI
Veritaseum Price & Information
Current VERI price and historical price chart
What is Veritaseum
Veritaseum is a company which is behind the peer to peer and fully decentralised crypto-token called Veritas (sym. VERI) and which offers a platform to trade any digital asset without the intervention of any third party.
However, people use Veritaseum and Veritas interchangeably.
History of Veritaseum
Veritaseum was launched in 2013 and the alpha version started running by the end of 2013.In the same year, the corporation behind it filed for patent for their technology. Veritaseum is the brainchild of Reggie Middleton and Matt Bogosian. Veritaseum went live on token sale in Beta version and gathered $51 million against 1,926,109 Veritas in May 2017. 100 million Veritas is kept reserved for future sales.
Veritaseum Stable version is slated for release in 2018.
Reggie Middleton reported a hack into their system right after the ICO where Veritas worth $8 million were reportedly stolen.
How Veritaseum Works
Veritaseum offers a wallet which is fully autonomous and localised. It allows every business and individual to take total control over their asset and money and trasnfer it freely, with minimal transaction charges, around the world. It also allows investment and hedging of funds without any risk as there are no middlemen.
Users can register for a Veritaseum wallet and purchase Veritas. These Veritas are stored locally and not on servers, unlike Bitcoin. Users can transfer these Veritas directly between themselves.
Veritaseum also allows Smart Contracts to execute, a feature borrowed from Ethereum, where different entities in the network can execute commands to transfer funds between them without human intervention.
Veritaseum is a new concept and offers multiple advantages.
- No Middleman: Veritaseum depends on no third party to transfer funds between two users. Thus, the transfer is quick and opens up global possibilities.
- Smart Contracts: Veritaseum offers this popular concept from Ethereum where different computers can work among them to initiate and complete fund transfer without any human intervention. The when, how and how much of these transaction are pre-programmed in these machines.
- Universal Access: Veritaseum is a lightweight HTML5/Java app which can be accessed from a web browser, smartphone, computers and laptops. This brings greater accessibility and mobility to this platform.
- Zero-Trust Mechanism: Veritaseum offers a zero trust algorithm where the trustworthiness of the other party involved in the transaction plays no part. It is, thus, a counterparty and credit risk free network where the user doesn’t need to worry about the other party’s adherence to the deal.
- Top Security: The Veritas blockchain depends on consensus-based database on the network to solve the Byzantine General and Double Spending attacks which are two of the biggest threats for cryptocurrency networks.