How & Where to Buy DigiByte (DGB)
Use DigiByte: Ways to send & spend DGB
DigiByte Price & Information
Current DGB price and historical price chart
What is DigiByte
Digibyte (sym. DGB) is a peer to peer, decentralised, open source blockchain with advanced security, anonymity and improved transaction speed which uses DigiByte as the native currency.
History of DigiByte
DigiByte was created by Jared Tate. The development started in October 2013 and was officially launched in January 2014. in April 2017, Segregated Witness (SegWit) protocol was introduced to the network, making it the first ecosystem to utilise that technology.
How DigiByte Works
DigiByte is more of a blockchain than a currency and it offers 5 times more security by using 5 different hashing techniques. It allows DApps creation and even centralised app creation.
DigiByte coins (DGB) works just like the popular cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, but has several improved features over it. A user needs to download and install the DigiByte wallet (or use a web wallet) and they can transact. To send a payment, the sender needs to know the wallet id of the receiver and the amount of DigiBytes to be sent. Once he issues the Send command along with these details, the public ledger keepers (miners) validate and approve the payment. Once done, the amount is deducted from the sender’s wallet and added to the receiver’s wallet.
DigiByte seems to be a Bitcoin clone but it offers several improvements which Bitcoin lacks.
- DApps Support: DigiByte facilitates the creation and running of DApps on the network. The network also allows Smart Contracts to be written and executed.
- Digi-Apps Support: Contrary to DApps, these are centralised apps which are built atop DigiByte blockchain and runs in the application layer of the protocol.
- Fastest Network: DigiByte has the fastest UTXO network in the world with the transactions being 40 times faster than Bitcoin network. The user receives a confirmation message within 15 seconds of sending the payment.
- Widely Accepted Coins: DigiBytes are used and accepted by a huge number of traders on the internet, making the coin instantly usable for the users. Moreover, DigiBytes can be purchased, sold and traded at every leading cryptocurrency exchange.
- Different Hashing Algorithm: DigiBytes uses sha256, skein, qubit, groestl and scrypt hashing methods and thus, it is probably the safest coin in the cryptocurrency world. It is one of the most decentralised coins as well, including mining, unlike Bitcoin where the mining is exclusively done by some high power groups.
- Native Wallet: DigiByte Wallets are available for Windows, Apple OS X, Android, Chrome, Linux with iOS coming soon. Thus, there is no need to trust any third party with the safekeeping of the wallet.
- Easily Scalable: DigiByte blockchain can easily be scaled to meet the requirements of mass adoption.