How & Where to Buy Aave (AAVE)
Aave Price & Information
Current AAVE price and historical price chart
Why Should I Buy Aave (AAVE)?
How and Where to Buy AAVE?
The Aave project began in 2017 as ETHlend. Founded by Stani Kulechov, his goal was to develop a decentralized lending application built on the Ethereum blockchain. Kulechov, a serial entrepreneur and early adopter of blockchain technology, attended law school but has been fascinated with programming since he was a teenager.
At the end of 2020, Kulechov transferred ownership of the ETHland protocol to extend the network services beyond lending Ether and create a broader service with a “genesis governance” with community token holders involved in approving and building the protocol.
ETHland’s native governance token was $LEND, which changed to the new symbol of $AAVE, which is more compatible with the genesis governance protocol. As the transformation evolved, $LEND token holders could exchange for the new $AAVE tokens.
What Is Aave (AAVE)?
Aave is a DeFi (decentralized finance) lending protocol enabling users to borrow cryptocurrency and lend it for a yield. The process is simple. Users deposit their crypto in liquidity pools which borrowers can use to access a loan.
Aave is Finnish for “ghost,” which is why you’ll observe a few random ghost images on the Aave website.
$AAVE is the network’s native governance token used for discounted fees and giving token holders a vote on Aave protocol decisions.
The Aave network has $ 21,783,885,948.98 of liquidity locked across “7 networks and over 13 markets.”
Aave Markets include: –
- Ethereum – the biggest market on Aave by liquidity
- Avalanche – fast, low-cost transactions
- AMM – reduced volatility
- Polygon – ideal for high-volume transactions
- Arbitrum – high-level security combined with fast speeds
- Aave Arc – institutional-grade decentralized finance
Aave has a community-driven grants program where members can submit ideas. The Aave Grants DAO aims to empower a broad network of community developers.
What Makes Aave (AAVE) Unique?
Aave’s flagship product is “Flash loans” – a loan without collateral requirements, but the prerequisite is that borrowers must pay back the loan in the same transaction. Aave supports around 20+ cryptocurrencies, giving borrowers and lenders a better choice than most other similar platforms.
Borrowers can alternate between fixed and variable interest rates. So the savvy borrower can juggle between the two depending on crypto market prices.
If you’re concerned about the security of your crypto lending, it’s reassuring to know that the following global security leaders regularly audit the Aave protocol: –
- Trail of Bits
The Aave protocol Safety Module has a safe backstop to protect against protocol insolvency, secured with millions of dollars worth of $AAVE tokens.
Aave commits to mitigating the risks of the protocol with the Aave Risk DAO, which monitors the market, checking new asset listings are safe, and enables protocol upgrades. The platform involves the Aave community to report vulnerabilities or system bugs via the Bug Bounty reporting page.
How and Where to Buy Aave (AAVE)?
Before considering buying Aave (AAVE), the first thing to do is to register with a recommended cryptocurrency exchange. For instance, Binance is the world’s leading crypto exchange by trading volume. It’s an excellent platform for beginners with its user-friendly interface, but also suitable for more advanced investors or traders: –
1. Visit the Binance website and click on “register” at the top right corner of the page
2. Fill in the details and submit the requested KYC documentation
3. Deposit by Mastercard or Visa, wire transfer, or, if you prefer, transfer supported cryptocurrency into your new account
4. The next step is to choose an available $AAVE pair: AAVE/USDT, AAVE/BTC, AAVE/BUSD, AAVE/BNB & AAVE/ETH
5. Next, send your $AAVE tokens to a secure wallet. You can download the Binance Trust wallet to your mobile or any crypto wallet supporting $AAVE tokens
How do I Sell Aave (AAVE)?
1. Open the Binance Trust wallet app or log in to the exchange
2. Find the “trade” button
3. Convert the $AAVE tokens to $USDT (a popular stablecoin available on most exchanges)
5. Finally, convert the stablecoin to fiat currency and request a withdrawal to your bank
Should I Buy Aave (AAVE)?
We cannot give independent advice on buying cryptocurrencies. It has to be a personal choice. The cryptocurrency market is highly volatile, so your investment could turn out well, or you could make a loss. Still, if you decide to buy $AAVE tokens, the preferred route is to open an account with a reliable exchange like Binance, Coinbase, or Gate.io.
How do I invest in Aave (AAVE)? Safely?
Financial experts always say that investing is risky, especially if you buy in haste, have no knowledge or experience, and haven’t done your due diligence. Avoid buying cryptocurrency on a whim. Instead, always weigh up the growth potential for a project, assessing the functionality and scalability of the protocol as a measurement of future gain probability.
In conclusion, never leave your crypto holdings on an open exchange because they are at risk. After buying Aave (AAVE) with Binance, Coinbase or Gate.io, transfer them to a safe crypto wallet. Coinbase has a self-custody wallet, and Gate.io provides an exchange wallet or a more secure cold storage wallet.
Available pairs for $AAVE on Coinbase and Gate.io: –
- Coinbase – AAVE/USD, AAVE/BTC, AAVE/EUR, AAVE/GBP
- Gate.io – AAVE/USDT, AAVE/ETH, AAVE/USD