How and Where to Buy Gala (GALA)?
Eric Schiermeyer founded Gala Games in July 2019. His goal was to create a blockchain-based gaming platform that gave players more ownership than centralized gaming platforms.
Eric was co-founder of Zynga, the mobile and social games company. His input led to the creation of popular games like Mafia Wars, Poker, and Farmville. He believes that Gala Games players shouldn’t be aware of the blockchain technology behind the games. It’s fun first, producing games that all players can enjoy at any level, even those with zero blockchain experience.
“I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t think this was literally the next phase of the internet. Everything that touches ownership is going to be affected by what’s happening here. Art and music and everything that has a digital life is going to be touched by this. Anything that you thought was digital that you thought you owned but didn’t really own — that’s what’s about to be revolutionized.” – Eric Schiermeyer Gala Games Website.
What Is Gala Games (GALA)?
Gala Games’ mission is to radically disrupt the gaming industry by giving back control to players and creating games that people “actually want to play.”
Before blockchain-based play-to-earn games materialized, the gaming industry held all the cards. Players could spend chunks of time and money playing a game, always knowing that a centralized platform could take away their gains with one click of a button. Gala Games enable players to have true ownership of their in-game items.
Gala Games players can own NFTs (non-fungible tokens) and influence the ecosystem decisions on game development and funding.
$GALA is the native utility token of the Gala Games network.
Gala Games is growing fast. It has over 1.3 million active users. The platform has sold over 26,000 NFTS, the most expensive piece with a $3 million price tag.
What Makes Gala (GALA) Unique?
Gala Games offers a variety of blockchain-based games. To date (April 22), Gala Games has several games: –
- Town Crush – a match-3 puzzle game
- Town Star – a browser-based town simulation game in Beta development where players can strive to own a town of their own
- Mirandus – a fantasy role-playing (RPG) game set in a vast world ruled by five-player monarchs. Players can claim part of the Mirandus landscape and own in-game assets
There are several other games at various stages created by other developers. The Gala Games community helps shape the future of game development by providing continual feedback on the Discord community platform to over 155,000 members.
Gala Games has teamed up with Will Wright, the Sims creator, to help build VOX, Gala’s division for collectible NFT avatars. Each NFT varies in rarity, but all are unique. At the initial drop, with 8,888 NFTs available, the average NFT sold for 0.0888 ETH (Ethereum), which, at the time, equated to roughly $280.
“Gala games is at the forefront of future connected game experiences, and we at gallium are excited to be working with them.” – Will wright CollectVox website
Still, VOX is not just concerned with NFTs. $GALA token holders can stake their coins and earn VOXcoin by using their VOX avatars in play. They also get an FBX file enabling them to animate their NFT avatars and potentially, in the future 3D print them.
Gala Games Node Ecosystem
You can purchase a Founder’s Nodes license from the website and run it from your home computer. Gala rewards you with $GALA tokens and limited edition NFTs.
The Gala Node ecosystem is a triple-proof system:
- Proof of Work (PoW) – tier-1 Nodes (Founder Nodes) based on 50,000 NFTs owned
- Proof of Stake (PoS) – paid nodes for specific games via a smart contract structure (a form of rental)
- Proof of Storage – free nodes that enable the hosting of the games on the decentralized ecosystem.
If you are considering buying a node, it’s not cheap. You’re looking at thousands of dollars to purchase a license.
How and Where to Buy Gala (GALA)?
The best option for buying cryptocurrency tokens is to choose a reputable exchange. Binance lists $GALA tokens and over 390 other coins: –
- Sign up with Binance and upload the KYC documents requested
- Deposit with supported cryptocurrency, wire transfer or use your Visa or Mastercard
- Go to the exchange tab and search for a $GALA pair: GALA/USDT, GALA/BUSD, GALA/BTC, GALA/TRY, GALA/BRL, GALA/BNB, GALA/ETH, GALA/EUR & GALA/AUD
- Next, send your $GALA tokens to a secure wallet, for instance, the Binance Trust Wallet
How do I Sell Gala (GALA)?
- On the app or exchange, find the “trade” tab
- Sell your $GALA tokens for $USDT or other popular stablecoin
- Transfer the $USDT to an off-ramp platform that supports a range of fiat currencies – Coinbase is easy for beginners to use
- When the $USDT lands in your account, convert it to fiat currency and withdraw it to your bank account
Should I Buy Gala (GALA)?
We cannot advise you about buying cryptocurrencies because it has to be a personal choice. Still, if you wish to invest in $GALA tokens, we recommend registering with a trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange. We have found the following three platforms to be excellent for beginners and experienced investors: –
How do I invest in Gala (GALA)? Safely?
Firstly, a golden financial rule is only to invest as much as you can comfortably afford to lose. The cryptocurrency market is notoriously volatile, sometimes dropping 50% or more in value. It’s also an excellent rule to research the crypto you wish to buy and check for utility and scalability because these two factors are fundamental principles for assessing potential growth.
Secondly, store your $GALA tokens in a crypto wallet. Binance, Coinbase and Gate.io all have free wallet options for members